This year the HAF Alliance Conference 2023 was held on Wednesday 3rd May, hosted by the HAF Alliance, the virtual event attracted over 100 attendees. The conference included keynote speakers such as Professor Greta Defeyter (Northumbria University) and Andrew Forsey (Chair of the HAF Alliance), as well as, a ministerial address from Claire Coutinho MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State DfE (Minister for Children, Families & Wellbeing).
The event featured interactive workshops and discussion sessions lead by HAF coordinators and practitioners, enabling delegates to share innovative practices and creative partnership ideas to help support the HAF programme and reach more vulnerable young people and their families. #HAFconference23
We will be uploading the recordings of all the sessions early next week, please feel free to download the presentations from workshops and keynote speakers below.
Full conference agenda:
11.00- Welcome, Opening Remarks and Online Housekeeping
Mark Lawrie (Vice Chair of the HAF Alliance)
11.10- HAF – The Journey from Good to Better- https://northumbria-cdn.azureedge.net/-/media/services/research-and-innovation-services/holiday-activities-and-food/haf-event-box-2/haf-alliance-conference-2023.pdf?modified=20230502195825
Professor Greta Defeyter (Northumbria University)
Northumbria University’s Healthy Living Lab- https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/takeontomorrow/it-is-time/holiday-activity-and-food-programmes
11.40- Workshop session 1: 20-30 minutes input from speakers, followed by 30 minutes facilitated discussion
- Securing reliable food supplies for your HAF delivery.
- Raising the quality of the daily HAF sport and physical activity offer.
- Embedding HAF within a broader year-round offer for children and families- Download presentation here
- The role of HAF in supporting the transition from primary school to secondary school
12.40- Lunch Break
13.10- Opening Remarks and Introduction to the Minister
Andrew Forsey (Chair of the HAF Alliance)
13.15- Ministerial Address
Claire Coutinho MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State DfE (Minister for Children, Families & Wellbeing)
14.40- Workshop session 2: 20-30 minutes input from speakers, followed by 35 minutes facilitated discussions
- Getting the offer right for the Over 11s
- HAF provision for children and young people with SEND-
- Achieving high take up of HAF by FSM eligible children
- HAF for all: reaching groups that may be considered harder to reach within the FSM cohort
14.45- Closing remarks and call to action
Francesca Wood (HAF Alliance)